The Benefits of Belonging to the British Army
A sense of belonging may sound like a small thing. Yet it fuels you as much as food and water because it doesn’t just feed your body, it feeds your mind and soul.
The stronger the sense of belonging – the stronger you become.
Sure, you could look for belonging to a football team or club, but the sense of belonging you’ll find in the Army – well, that’s the next level.
When you’ve trained together side by side, learned things no classroom can teach you and fight with each other, for each other – that creates a bond like no other. A bond that lasts a lifetime.
Belonging sees you through whatever life – on or off the battlefield – may throw at you.
This is belonging.
A career with us offers you challenge and adventure that you simply can’t find in any other job. Add in competitive pay and plenty of travel – in fact you’ll be surprised at just how good the benefits are: Earn over £18,488 after training, 38 days paid leave, subsidized food and accommodation, free gym and sports facilities, free dental and medical care, free pension, qualifications, apprenticeships and world class training. You may also qualify for a bursary or extra allowances.
WHAT WE NEED
We need lots of different skills and, like all teams, we work by placing people in the roles where they can make the best use of their skills.
- HR, Finance, and Support
- Intelligence, Communication and IT
- Logistics and Support
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£14,900 for 12 months at the 2017-18 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
About the Academy Funding
- Academic development funding – from £500 to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2017-18 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up with your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Job.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermittent your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time.
- All Applicants must be of or members of the Commonwealth Countries.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- Must be of age in line from 17-47 years
- All Applicants must be Physically and Mentally Fit
Eligible Regions: Open to all Commonwealth Countries.
How to Apply
Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
The application must be via Online through the website.
Note: Please send all documents to the mail provided with proper titles e.g. “Adele King Transcript”, “Adele King” etc..