The University of Alberta is delighted to offer its Centenary Scholarships to pursue an undergraduate degree program. Up to 5 scholarships are available for international students.
The aim of the scholarships is to support international students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree program.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. Its enabling legislation is the Post-secondary Learning Act.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate and graduate degree program.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: Scholarships will cover the following:
- Variable from $20,000; payable over four years.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 150 scholarships are available.
- Citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Age between 25 and 35 years
- Achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Application Procedure: Applicants can apply via online:
- Apply online through the International Major Scholarships in Bear Tracks under Undergraduate Awards.
- If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the Major International Scholarship application, please contact: awards-at-ualberta.ca
- At the time of application, students must have applied for admission to a degree program at the University of Alberta.
- You will receive a CCID and password when you apply for admission and must use this to access the awards application.
Deadline: The application deadline is December 18, 2017.
How To Apply
Apply now online