The United States Embassy Awards, a cornerstone of the US Government’s development assistance program for International Students, provide access for both Undergraduate and postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified International Students from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, US Embassy Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at: United States Universities.
Offered Since: 1980
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Being a citizen of an International Country
- Excelling academically
- Come from an economically disadvantaged background
- Having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies.
This scholarship is for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, all applications must be submitted online in the university on or before 21st August, 2018.
Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Number of Scholarships: Up to 10,000
Value of Scholarships: This is a Full government sponsored scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
Select your country of origin. Follow the specific instruction on the page.
Sponsors: US Embassy Awards in Africa, an initiative of the United States Government.